Monday, September 5, 2011

Saving Our Pennies

This week was a good sale week for me.
Between Rite Aid and Walgreens spent total $142.28 and saved $167.71.

Some of the great deals:
Excedrin Migraine $4.99
on sale for $2.50, used two $2 coupons, received $1 UP reward when you buy 2
so FREE item (I had six coupons so I got six FREE excedrin migraine)

Crest Complete Toothpaste $3.99
used $1.00 coupon, received $3 UP reward
so another FREE item

Advil $9.99
on sale $8.99, used $2 coupon
so 100 ct Advil for $6.99

Advil Childrens $6.99
on sale $6.29, used $2 coupon that was in Rite Aid's Sunday paper flyer
so paid $4.99 for brand name Advil (since Chloe's surgery we have been going through this alot)

Cascade Dish Washer detergent $4.99
on sale for $3.49, used $1 coupons for each purchase
spent $2.49 for each
(seems like dishwasher detergent isn't on sale very often..when it does go on sale I am all over it)

Finish Electrasol dishwasher detergent not sure reg price
on sale $3.99, used 0.75 coupons x3, received $1.50 register reward with each one because I purchased them in separate transactions
out of pocket for each one $1.74

Nabisco Crackers/Cookies $1.99
always looking for sales on munchies for my ALWAYS eating family
on sale for BOGO free
bought 12 boxes of different kinds for less than $1 each

General Mills cereal $4.79
another item we go through alot of (don't tell my dentist which kinds I feed my kids...ssh)
on sale $2.50, used four different coupons $1/4, $1/2, $1/2
spent $2-2.25 for each
(usually you can find cereal for less but all I have at home is healthy cereal and my coupons were about to expire so I figured it's still a better deal than spending almost $5 per box)

These are just a few of the big deals that keep me addicted. The best part is Aaron enjoys putting it all away:)

Sneak peek at my baby girls surgery sites. Bruised. Swelling has gone done. Steri strips still intact...thank God! She is doing good though. Thanks for all your love and support. It really really helps get through a traumatic experience for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment